Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graded an assignment and a few students did a revise & resubmit. When they submitted their revision, it showed up as an ungraded icon in the grade book again. I graded the revisions, but the ungraded icon is still there. When I click on the icon, i...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I pull up a quizz. and I click on edit. The window has the top left hand corner detail and questions in the same tab. The time setting option is not there but the preview of the quizz is there. How can I separate the details and the question opt...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We frequently post the same global announcments annually. Test dates, flex/edays, etc. How do I recycle old announcements? I try to edit the start and end dates but they are greyed out. What am I missing?   Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Any help would be appreciated.  I have created a Canvas shell for our Writing Center, and I have posted Panopto videos I have created to the site.  The course is set so that anyone in the campus community has access the page.  So far, there is no pro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   When I assign an Ed Puzzle to my students they can complete it but the grade is not being sent to canvas. Instead it overwrites the grade to a 0

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my students was un-enrolled from school for a month and then returned. I deleted her from the course when she moved. Upon her return, I added her back to the course. She has not received the invitation, despite my resending it multiple times. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the motivation for Canvas' hostile take-over of what should beinstructors' choices? Man should decide over machine, not the other way around.Canvas does not respect that rule. It should be an instructor'schoice to use a calendar or not, to us...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Up until now (this semester) I've been having issues with the layout of the lectures, I assumed it was all the way across the board, which I probably shouldn't have, I'm just not good at asking for help.The lectures load differently for me than they ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Failure to follow explicit instructions notwithstanding, I don't understand how they are even able to do this, as I requested text entry on this assignment and did not tick the file upload box at all. Is this a bug or a feature? It's making my life a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am hoping to have students submit entire equations as part of an answer but have not come across an automatically graded question type that allows this. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, How to modify 'Set mastery for any score at or above' after an Outcome was Aligned to a Questions Bank? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep trying to upload an assignment but every time I do I get this message that it fails I’ve tried every way but it just doesn’t work what should I do? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It use to be that  when I would write comments to students in an assignment  using Speedgrader and they would resubmit their assignment, I could still see my comments.  Now, if they resubmit, I have to go back to their original submission to see my c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I have a problem with my Canvas Student app on my IOS device. I just got a new phone and downloaded the app but every time I try to open the app it freezes (meaning it only shows me the screen where the Canvas logo is loading on a white screen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My grade book shows the exclamation points indicating that imported assignments are not calculated in the grade.  However, I have checked (through editing) all of my assignments and none are imported.  I have also gone into "Assignments" directly and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why I can't log in to my Canvas account?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, According to this User's Guide, the category names in Blackbaud MUST match the ones in Canvas. But when you go to assignments, Canvas lets you pick the category to sync with.  DOes it really have to be the same name and if so, what do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, it is not allowing students to view the PDF to annotate. They click on the annotation tool and it gives them an error. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under my ADMIN ACCOUNT, I do not have the SIS IMPORT sidebar link.  Can you please add this feature.     Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a matching portion of a quiz and it score the whole matching section as 10 points.  I wanted 1 pt per question, but if a students missed 1, they missed them all.  What gives?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We need to export a Canvas course for use on the D2L platform. The D2L platform only accepts .zip files, how do we convert the .imscc standard Canvas cartridge export format to .zip? Any help is much appreciated!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know how to set a default grade for an assignment and assign everyone the same grade. However, is there a way to use the default grade function only for the students who actually submitted the assignment? Currently, if I use the default grading, th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I imported an old Canvas course into a current one. In creating a new assignment, I opened one of the old imported assignments in edit mode, copied the content, and pasted the content into the new assignment. My Canvas tabs promptly froze. I could no...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I do the password change by canvas settings, the new password only lasts 10 minutes, after that time it goes back to the old password. For security, I need you to keep the new password. Any advice?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a Canvas Admin, I am exploring and testing out the Canvas for Elementary to determine if it would meet our needs. I have a student who has missing work which is prominently displayed on Course/Subject card. Student View   When the Observer of the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had to reset my password so many times on onramps. I was unfortunately not able to finish my learning strategies 2 is there anyway that I can have a deadline or can it be a re-opened for me so I can finish it I would really appreciate it thank you ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have exported my grade sheet to a csv.  Upon opening, I noted that a value that was exported is incorrect in the csv (for a single specific student on a single assignment).  I went back to the Canvas grades section, viewed the assignment and valida...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   How do I enable Turnitin for assignments on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a multiple choice question and it is behaving as a fill in the blank question. In student view and preview mode, the question displays a text box for me to submit. In edit mode, it displays possible with a correct answer designated.  I subm...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies