Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

A good feature I need a sortable People page in Canvas so inactive students can be sorted to the bottom or filtered out.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey, so when creating my canvas account, i messed up when typing the display name by putting my first and last name where it said just first name, so on canvas my name is Wyatt Lambert Lambert, and canvas doesn't let me change my display name. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Suppose you have 10 questions, 5 of them worth two points, 3 of them worth four points, and the other 2 worth 10 points.  Is there a way to create a quiz with these 10 questions where the order of questions (altogether) is fully randomized (shuffled)...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When trying to run analytics for an exam in New Analytics, we are receiving a message indicating that we are exceeding file limits (for the exam, not the course) and are unable to get the analytical drill down for students and for the course The numb...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a master page from which different courses (Stats, Cal, Physics) can be accessed. I am a small high school where parents have access to view canvas. I wanted to make one central master page that parents and students could access. This pa...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently experiencing issues with students sharing a PDF from the Notability App on the iPad to the Canvas Student App. After submitting via the app - we wait for the submission to load and receive confirmation from Canvas - this notification...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am a technology analyst for my district.  A teacher claims that their is an "accent toolbar" that can be added to Canvas for her foreign language classes.  This will enable herself and the students to use a foreign language toolbar within Ca...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is the "people" tab not visible to the students? I know how to fix it but I'm just wondering why is it that way?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am attempting to edit an answer choice that has a typo in a quiz that some students have already taken. Whenever I click the edit icon next to the answer choice I am taken to the top of the screen with the warning that some students have already ta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I sign in I dont see my dashboard.  Can I please get some help? Thank you Kathi

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am looking at how students use the feedback I provide on written assignments. One question is when and if they view the document they have submitted after I have provided feedback. This information is available in the Speedgrader, but requires me t...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to make smart view in canvas like we used i out Blackboard courses?  

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I am trying to do an assignment for one of my classes but it keeps on telling me this error. When I had originally attempted this it told me to log in to my microsoft account which I did but I accidentally used a different account from my schoo...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a course into which I merged a few sections. Now I was told that I need to de-cross the sections for an application and then re-cross list the sections. I am worried about losing the work students have already submitted. I am less worried abou...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have students who have successfully completed a course. They no longer show up on the marking list. How do I find their marking / grades / submissions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see my full answer, why on earth is the answer box so tiny when there is so much space available??? Quite annoying.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the best way for a teacher in one course to verify the activities completed in another course?  Specifically, all student are required to complete an Academic Integrity Quiz in an Academic Integrity Course.  How can a random History professor...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm the Instructional Design for my district, and I'm trying to help a few faculty convert to a more equitable GPA grading system. The problem we have encountered in Canvas is how the final grade displays in the Total column in Grades. There seem...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If we use the suspend user feature, will that person still receive global announcements to their email if we use the "send a notification directly to users when announcement starts"?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently, we generate flat files as CSV files for users, courses and enrollments. The files get pushed every 2 hours between 6 AM and 6 PM, then get processed by Canvas. Canvas does the diffing in the files and creates users, courses and enrollments...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of our math teachers think it would be greatly beneficial to time out a certain section of the test without having students do two separate tests. We'd like to have one proctoring session for the entire test, but separate time limits for questio...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Awesome Community! Instructure is looking to hire a Canvas Expert to join the Solutions Engineering team -- supporting technical discussions with institutions across Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, and other areas of Europe.  We're looking for a b...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. I have had no luck over the last few days with my attempts to get Safari and Chrome to work with Canvas. Firefox will allow me to access Kaltura for some reason. My attempts at seeking support through UITS at Indiana University have been nothi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, Just wanted to know, is there a way to change my default role from a student to teacher or vice versa in the instance that my responsibilities for different courses change?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently created a new Teacher Account on Canvas, but when I log in,  It doesn't let me create new courses.  It seems as though the New Account is a Student account, and not a teacher's account, even though I choose teacher account.  I had 3 co-wor...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up Canvas LMS on an ubuntu server, one of the problems i have been having is when a user tries to import quiz content into a course. It gives this error: "Couldn’t convert QTI 1.2 to 2.1". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know there is a simple answer to my problem, but I seem to have this issue every semester and even though I bring over my course settings from one semester to another, I still fumble around with this problem every time. I get it fixed finally by ac...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi    I want to know if we can make a way to have the teachers still be able to mark students when they are deactivated. Or if there's a way of locking students out as they have not paid fees but allow teachers to mark so they do not fall behind on t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies