Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I need to know how I can migrate the question banks so that they are inside the course and not as an external bank that can be shared with the quiz. In Classic Quizzes the bank could be at the administrative account level, but it could be copied and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not change my last name    It does not allow me

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My institution started using Canvas two terms ago and already we've had two support tickets from users who found that certain UI elements in Canvas had disappeared.In both cases, clearing out the copy/pasted text from the RCE and replacing it with un...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I find my final transcript from last year?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I have this set of requirements for a module to be completed, is it possible to say that a student has to complete all of these six items and at leas one of these two? Like a combination of 'complete all' and 'complete one of these'.More specifi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to create an account to submit an assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI am a new part-time lecturer in Singapore Campus to teach a MSc module in October to December 2022.There are 2 published courses; iTeachER vs iTeachER-Asia.  Do I need to complete both courses or should I do iTeachER only?Thank You!RegardsHamid

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Classic Quizzes, since there is not Survey support in New Quizzes. If I set the survey as anonymous, I can't figure out how to see the responses to essay questions. Is there a way to see them?Thanks for any help.Traci

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good evening, community: I am trying to restrict modules and module items to specific students or groups. It’s something I’ve been able to do in other LMS software and it’s been discussed here before in these threads:https://community.canvaslms.com/t...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible for an admin to send an email to a student's canvas inbox without being in the same course as that student? If so, what permissions do I need to request from my institution?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an Instructor, I've posted the assignments and assigned them to students based on mastery. Not all assignments are provided to all students.I'm confused about the grades page (individual view) because it shows all the assignments that I've posted ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My goal is to retrieve all answers of an essay question in an Ungraded Survey via API calls. Thank you for suggestions.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

since two days i cant utilize my system.And said that my system does not match with the minimum requirements.How should i proceed to get access to my canvas platform and help me update my system

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a new-to-me course this fall. I copied a section of the course from a different instructor to use as a base for mine. That instructor used weighted grades, but I use a points system. I have edited the Assignments page to not use weighte...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Changes made to the time portion of an assignment due date on the Edit Assignment Dates page aren't saved.Here's a demo video: https://www.loom.com/share/29b6e86d0d8642538e5627f3b4339ae1Note: if there's a better place to report issues like this, plea...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete a mistake posting on a Discussion Board? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a long-time Canvas Community member, I've been watching conversations about this topic at least as far back as this 2016 question by @John_Lowe. My working understanding has been: To support "convenience" combinations, manually apply (to each st...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not understand why Canvas won't allow you to use points, instead of only percentages, for a grading scheme? This seems like the easiest addition in the world to make? I hate using percentages. When you're using extra credit to really messes thin...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Canvas Administrator. When copying a course, what does the "Security parameters for external tool <name> need to be set" mean? I am having difficulty finding "Security parameters" in course settings. Is this instead referring to Settings->App...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an administrator trying to complete the Growing with Canvas: Canvas Teacher Training Couse. However, I got stuck on the 2.9 Home Page Submission.  When I went into my sandbox and clicked on Modules, I did not see the customizable options to add/...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,I am facing issue with the link received via email (using outlook) to review the submission comments received by participants. But when I click on the link, it takes me to the login page, repeatedly and doesn't open the actual lin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student emailed an assignment separately, how do I move that assignment to Canvas in order to grade and give the student credit for the assignment? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i would like to prevent a user from seeing any detail regarding other users in a course. I would like to be to release certain files and send emails to specific groups of users throughout the semester. However, I do not want the users to know that th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there,I am having trouble linking a course page to a button on the home page.  I go through the process of:1: editing home page to allow to link2: clicking on button and then select the link button and select course links.3: select page that want....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI run workshops for students on behalf of a university organisation, and I have a searchable blog in Collaborate Ultra where I post information useful to the students. It's not related to assessment, and they are not expected to respond to the p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be much easier to navigate through so much information if there was a search bar at the top to take us right to where we need to go. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why have we lost the ability to link to course material in the New Quiz format? I want to be able to add, "Please check the assignment guidelines before you answer the questions in this quiz," along with a link to those guidelines. We're trying to ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I use a previous course for access to resources. I would like to update pages but the edit button is gone. I was able to edit pages last April, but now I am unable to make changes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELP! Today (July 28, 2022) I noticed the Outcomes interface is different. I can click on the outcome to edit or remove it, however, I can no longer click on the outcome to see the aligned items and artifacts. I need this info so I can do my SLO repo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just had my colleague create a new course shell for me, and I am trying to copy in content from last year's cohort for the same course. I have tried to import the content from the existing course a few times, but all I get is one Page from the exis...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies