Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there any way to check what your past grades were? Since a lot of scholarships ask for those things

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my new quizzes, students clicking on a word automatically opens the wikipedia page for that word. Using Lockdown Browser does not prevent this, but then they get stuck on that page and have to close the browser window and reenter the quiz. But why...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello team,I am an account admin and we have integrated an External LTI 1.3 tool for course page design purpose. When I as a first time user Launching my application from course navigation, I got the Oauth authentication window.Where I was idle for f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have used canvas for a while. Now using assignments if anything is edited it does not stay. Percentages instead of points, change answer key if mistake was made. students and faculty are frustrated to no end. 2 courses are plagued more than others...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've noticed that Canvas sorts last names with hyphens before non-hyphenating names (the opposite of our grading system). How can this be changed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy,Is it possible to attach a document when grading an assignment?Some of the assessment in our courses are observations of a student's practical skills. The assessment requires the assessor to complete documents and/or collect evidence to demonst...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to have annotations not "publish" to students until I decide to release all students comments and annotations on documents all at the same time?I work at a school where we release draft feedback at the same time. I found that studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post to a peer review for my English class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student nurse for a Diploma for enrolled nursing at Manukau Institute of Technology in Auckland NewZealand, I have completed my foundations for Clinical skills for Enrolled Nursing, but I have failed my Case study, I'm very enthusiastic about m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are trying to programmatically change the enrollment type of an instructor in a specific section of a course that has multiple sections where they and others are instructors. Currently, deleting their 'TeacherEnrollent' for a given section and add...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up adaptive release criteria as a hierarchy? For example, teacher wants to require students to complete Module 1 before they can access Module 2, but after a certain date, teacher wants all students to have access to Module 2, r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There,As an admin, when we try to add faculty members to courses, we are receiving a notification that they do not have access or are a new user (which they are not).  We have cleared cookies/cache and logged out - and when we did that, have recei...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Quizzes put the student names in random order, how to put them in alphabetical order by student last name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use the rollcall attendance from the start of the semester just to verify presence for my institution. I do not grade this. About a little more than half time into the class, I realized that some people are not attending very often and want to crea...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you lock the order in the dropdown in quiz questions?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Texas, we are facing a new state-wide assessment with new question types. Our students will take these tests in Spring 2023 and need practice with these question types and our teachers need to be able to create questions of those new types.  One o...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everybody, the following guide says, that "editing an announcement will create a notification in the User Dashboard...":  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-edit-an-announcement-in-a-course/ta-p/1190I tried this with a te...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Team,I am creating one app where I am using canvas LMS Rest  Apis but right now I have created the access token manually which  I am using to get the data from APIs .but if I wanted to get data for specific users then how I can generate the token ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I allow self-enrollment (registration) in my course. However, I notice two things which annoying:1- Users can register with the wrong email address format. There is no verification of the input data in the email address field. 2- Canvas allow the use...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit Assignment on Module 3 and there is no link to upload the assignment. Due today 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up a new course in Canvas for my reading group. However, I think I set it up incorrectly and want to make corrections. For Example, I chose to set up the course manually instead of choosing my school. Is there a way to go back and edit this? Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I go in and organize my grade book in Canvas (moving the columns).  If i leave the grade book page and go back to modules and then go back to grade book.  Everything that I organized is all jumbled up again.  Any help, ideas or suggestions would be a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an assignment posted for the student, which is open for a week. In my grade book, all my students have the full points listed.However, when I click the student's name, the exam has not started yet.How could this happen?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's a long story...but I have a student who I manually entered grades for, for 8 out of 10 modules. All modules have prerequisites. Because she didn't actually submit anything to complete the module(s) to move onto the next module, she can't access ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelpUsed a cell phone to record project for assignmentI have downloaded it to my google drive. also saved to canvas. I can see it in my google drive, I can see in canvas, BUT I cannot submit it . please help  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to click the ME link but it did not work. Please assist. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I received a Canvas report this morning that included an exam created last week. In this email, there was an option to "Click to view" the exam. When I clicked on this link, it took me directly to the exam. However, the view it took me to was ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to had comments to the different parts of the rubric grade, and it actually retained the comments so I wouldn't have to write the same comment over and over. Some how when grading this assignment those options have disappeared from the vie...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello-I have copied an assignment to each module but when I try to update the name of the assignment, it changes all the assignments that were copied.    

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I recently withdrew from a college class and I was wondering what happens to all my homework submissions and test submissions. Do all those submissions get permanently deleted in the Canvas system instantly, never to be seen again once I withdraw fro...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies