Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can I sort the questions that were answered 100%?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I (course instructor) want to pass a document through Turnitin without using the "upload" function in an assignment.(I tried to make a test assignment and to upload the document through student view but I don't see the turnitin report as instructor)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am coming from D2L where we had Intelligent Agents that would allow messages to be sent to all students who met certain conditions: missing a specific assignment, haven't logged into the course in the last week, have a certain grade range in t e cl...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I wrote an announcement on Monday morning (Nov 7), and all worked well. Today, no announcements were visible, and also not the editor for creating announcements. In any course. I have updated my computer (Mac) to Monterey 12.6.1 (yesterday) and r...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find contact info for my CSM? I have looked the community and only see response on people who will reach out directly.  Is this not public information?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to use pictures in the categories on the categorize questions in new quizzes? or in matching?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Admin Reports provides a report of all users with their last logon dates but not when the accounts were actually created. Is there an API call to list the creation date for all users? I have very basic knowledge of API's.Thank you for any guid...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of my instructors has a conference that has been going on since before the recent BBB upgrades. He has noticed that since the upgrade, despite not having the "Waiting Room" option selected in the conference settings, students are still forced t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a student taking a college course what is the required grade for a student to earn college credit in the college course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems to me that whatever the backend of Canvas is, that all it needs to do is the equivalent of a PHP htmlspecialchars call when displaying the file.This would make the grading of programming assignments infinitely easier.Other options like view ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does rejected mean in the Canvas enrollment provisioning report

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm a lecturer at 2 universities and I'm new to Canvas. I would like to export my course from one university into my canvas account at the other university (I teach the same course at both schools)...is this possible?  thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Although students and teachers can write a new Conversation message between the course end date and the section end date, they cannot reply to a message.  I believe this problem started when this issue was fixed: Soft-Concluded Courses allow for Stud...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

A draft paper submission is set up to assign two anonymous peer reviewers to each assignment.The student reviewers can use the rubric attached to the assignment to award points and add comments. Or, they can leave comments in the box in the assignmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone, as admin we are evaluating announcements and we would prefer to set the account default for course shells to 1) display the latest announcements on the course homepage and 2) allow student replies.We encourage our faculty to use these...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to check what your past grades were? Since a lot of scholarships ask for those things

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my new quizzes, students clicking on a word automatically opens the wikipedia page for that word. Using Lockdown Browser does not prevent this, but then they get stuck on that page and have to close the browser window and reenter the quiz. But why...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello team,I am an account admin and we have integrated an External LTI 1.3 tool for course page design purpose. When I as a first time user Launching my application from course navigation, I got the Oauth authentication window.Where I was idle for f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have used canvas for a while. Now using assignments if anything is edited it does not stay. Percentages instead of points, change answer key if mistake was made. students and faculty are frustrated to no end. 2 courses are plagued more than others...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've noticed that Canvas sorts last names with hyphens before non-hyphenating names (the opposite of our grading system). How can this be changed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy,Is it possible to attach a document when grading an assignment?Some of the assessment in our courses are observations of a student's practical skills. The assessment requires the assessor to complete documents and/or collect evidence to demonst...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to have annotations not "publish" to students until I decide to release all students comments and annotations on documents all at the same time?I work at a school where we release draft feedback at the same time. I found that studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post to a peer review for my English class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student nurse for a Diploma for enrolled nursing at Manukau Institute of Technology in Auckland NewZealand, I have completed my foundations for Clinical skills for Enrolled Nursing, but I have failed my Case study, I'm very enthusiastic about m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are trying to programmatically change the enrollment type of an instructor in a specific section of a course that has multiple sections where they and others are instructors. Currently, deleting their 'TeacherEnrollent' for a given section and add...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up adaptive release criteria as a hierarchy? For example, teacher wants to require students to complete Module 1 before they can access Module 2, but after a certain date, teacher wants all students to have access to Module 2, r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There,As an admin, when we try to add faculty members to courses, we are receiving a notification that they do not have access or are a new user (which they are not).  We have cleared cookies/cache and logged out - and when we did that, have recei...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Quizzes put the student names in random order, how to put them in alphabetical order by student last name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use the rollcall attendance from the start of the semester just to verify presence for my institution. I do not grade this. About a little more than half time into the class, I realized that some people are not attending very often and want to crea...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you lock the order in the dropdown in quiz questions?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies