Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I need to change my phone number for 2-step verification but can't find that info anywhere in my account and the guides don't seem to address that. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This year's Canvas site was carried over from last year's, and it has a large number of Discussion items that I need to delete. I can only see a way to do this is one at a time, which will be time consuming.  How can I delete all with one action?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a link for Course Questions and Course Lounge?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to combine Canvas pages if the classes have different codes? I have classes with different grade levels. I'd like Canvas pages to reflect the 3 grades, not each class code..

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the quiz logs, what does "left the Canvas page" mean? Did they go to a website? This would not be possible, because I used the Respondus Lockdown Browser (no monitor). Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am entering material for my class that starts next week and only have access to module 1.  In past years, I could access all the modules for the entire semester course.  Is there a setting I need to change?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just posted a question titled "Doodle Polls?"--but I don't think Doodle will work. I need to create a signup sheet for my online Public Speaking class speeches. The sheet needs to contain spaces/lines where students enter their names on a particul...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just finished a course and I'm not sure how to receive my credits so I can transfer them to my high school. What can I do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set up a sign-up sheet by date and time for student presentations in my Public Speaking class, but Canvas Quizzes just won't work, because I want all students to see names in the time slots so they'll know if a particular slot is available....

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to make the discussion forum initial post due date and the reply due date both show in the student view calendar. My students have a difficult time with not getting the initial post completed on one date and then completed the assignme...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,The default grade posting policy at my institution is for all quizzes/assignments to be 'manual grade posting'.I can change it to 'automatic grade posting' for my course but it still gets reset every day to 'manual'. This means that I have to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to import a 600mb+ imacc course file into my Canvas page. I'm told it exceed the maximum of 400mb. Can this maximum be increased? The file was provided to me by my department lead as the one we are to use for the course I'm teaching.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to review the course syllabus and this is the layout I am stuck with, my computer is up-to-date with the latest OS. It is a MacBook Pro

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was recently added as a Co-teacher in two Canvas courses. However, I do not seem to be able to add, edit, or create content. I was under the impression I would be able to do these things as a co-teacher. Is there a way to do that? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have accidentally submitted the wrong assignment, I was hoping you can help me so I can correct my mistake and submit the right assignment. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do you change your pfp because i cant no more.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where do i find my textbooks on canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A couple of other people have asked this, and there hasn't been an answer other than a "yeah, me too", so here it goes.I have a problem on the board that I give at the beginning of every class.  I want the students to turn in their answers in Canvas ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I keep running into an error when I try to create a Microsoft Collaboration. Canvas will not allow me to select a group. I get this blue button to "Authorize App to get Groups". When I select it, a window appears for a brief second and then disappear...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I am sure that we're not the only university with this issue, so wanted to post it to the Canvas community! At this time, our university is not crosslisting sections of the same course taught by the same instructor. Our university is fairl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My district administration just recently added Nearpod as a submission tool in canvas. I am trying to add a Nearpod lesson using the external submission tool. When I select the lesson, I get a message at the top of the screen that says, "User not fou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been added as a TA which is what we have done in the past years.This year I am not able to see the People link on the left which would bring up the list of students so I can monitor students and their work they submit. They are not able to add...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is enrolled in the class (shows on "People" page & section).   This student shows as a row in the Canvas gradebook...but is NOT displayed as an option in SpeedGrader.  This assignment is assigned to "Everyone". When the teacher a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course has imported materials from another instructor in my PLC. When she makes quizzes and shares them with me, most of the images do not transfer for me or my students. As a solution, she's just been sharing the images with me via email for me t...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why when creating appointment groups does it not display on all calendars?  I have created office hour slots and selected all my course calendars, but it only displays on one calendar.  My students in the other classes can't see that I offer appointm...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had my Your Say submission done- wen to edit it when I got to school this morning (now on a Chromebook and it's GONE!   I had looked at it at home 30 minutes prior on my Mac book at home.     WHERE CAN I RECOVER THAT 300+ WORD SUBMISSION??????There...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to be able to craft a URL to put in a course (could be a separate page if needed, but would rather not) so that I can redirect a student to an external site. I want the link to provide user and course id, such as https://www.example.com/...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using Canvas for several years now and have always been frustrated that it doesn't have simple functionalities like search feature on files or pages. When we are trying to attach a file to a module page or looking for a page in "ALL pages...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to embed an marquee animation in a Canvas LMS page? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies