Turn off students' ability to see enrollment names in inbox?

Jump to solution
JennyWondracek
Community Member

We are contemplating creating a course specific to accommodated students to disseminate information about accommodations such as exam scheduling, etc. However, the students cannot know who else is enrolled. I know how to hide the people tab, but the students show up to one another in the inbox. I tried adding a section, but the students were able to see the student in the new section, too. Is there a way to remove the inbox ability to see enrollments in one of your own courses? Or to restrict it so students see only the students in their section so that I can create a section for each accommodated student?

If you have other ideas beyond what I have considered, that would also be welcome!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JennyWondracek 

When you enroll the students in their own sections, are you setting their enrollment so that it is limited to only interact with users in their own section?  According to the documentation, this setting also affects Conversations.  Thus, if they are each enrolled in their own section, they shouldn't be able message each other when they are in different sections and their interactions are limited to their own section.  How do I limit a user to only interact with other users in the same course section? 

View solution in original post