Time Adjustment/reopen bugs when moderating quizzes

Jump to solution
spudicmx
Community Explorer

Hello, everyone. There seems to be a bug with moderating quizzes.

There have been multiple times when I have tried to reopen a quiz, with no luck. The student might even be shown a screen to reopen the quiz. However, when the button is presed, it immediately shows that time has expired. This happens even when I change the time adjustment to "unlimited" time.

It might be that the real issue stems from the time adjustment. Last class, I noticed a student needed more time. I gave him an extra 30 minutes. When that time was about to expire, I attempted to give another 15. Unfortunately, the second piece of extra time did not show from his side. With a minute left, I changed his time adjustment to "unlimited" time. Still, no change was reflected from his side. He tried to leave the test and rejoin, but nothing helped. At that point, I tried to "reopen" the quiz, but he got the error I mentioned above.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @spudicmx 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with changing the time! If you had attempted to update the time within the Settings page, while they were in their quiz, those changes wouldn't take effect until their next attempt. 

You should be able to use the Moderate This Quiz option to allow extra time for specific students. Without looking at the settings of the quiz, it can be hard to determine what exactly is causing this error. If you are still seeing issues, you may want to reach out to Support at your school. 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any other questions or concerns! 

View solution in original post