Submission Details and Deadlines

Jump to solution
pharmx
Community Novice

Hello!  I did a search first, and although there were similar questions and topics, they didn't address or resolve the questions I had.  I am currently enrolled in a class where where there are weekly homework assignments due, and once submitted peer reviews to complete.  I've had experiences in the past where equipment or internet issues have caused the submission to be marked late.  My first question is whether there is a built in grace period within Canvas itself, or if that is a parameter that can be adjusted or modified.

Second question is regarding peer reviews that are triggered after a successful homework assignment submission.  Are there limitations within the Canvas platform itself regarding how things are triggered, or is it a parameter that can be adjusted instead of being hard coded.  I'm going to guess they are modifiable since a grace period was offered for one assignment , and it seems like special cases can be accommodated.

Oh and I'm not asking this as a school specific concern or question...just wanted to know if the limitation is based on Canvas or not.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Contributor

I am not aware of any grace period within the Canvas system. If your instructor implemented a grace period on an assignment, they likely went in and changed the due date.

As for peer reviews, I have never used that feature. You might look at this page or this page to see if they might help. In regards to specific triggers, you might talk with your instructor about their expectations. They may have certain criteria set up.

View solution in original post