Speed Grader Troubles

anthony_coman
Community Explorer

Functions in SpeedGrader seem to be degrading. 

Color: I color-code feedback to students using various tools like highlight, text, box, etc. I can no longer switch between colors without the prior feedback changing color, too. This is true even when I'm using a different tool, for example switching from highlight to text comment. 

As a result, I have to select the new tool and color, complete the comment, then go back to the prior comment and adjust the color. This glitch is time consuming and frustrating. 

Highlight Sensitivity: When using the highlight feature, going even the slightest (I mean, pixels!) over the length of the word highlights all the rest of the text in the document. With great care, you can highlight a whole word, but if moving quickly the highlight tool has become clunky and unreliable. 

As a result, when highlighting, I've learned to skip the final and sometimes first letter of the word to avoid the over-sensitivity of the tool. 

I've used Canvas for many years now, and these quirks have developed recently. Please investigate and fix as appropriate.

0 Likes