Screenshot in Publication

Jump to solution
pmiksza
Community Member

Hello, 

I would like to include screenshots of materials in Canvas in a publication for teachers about teaching children to practice musical instruments.

Can I please be directed to a permissions process for doing so?

Thank you,

Pete Miksza

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @pmiksza 

Thanks for posting this in the Canvas Community! 

We might need more details on what you are asking about here. I was not too clear on your question...

• Are you trying to get some screenshots added to the publication tool you are using in Canvas? If so, you would need to contact the publisher about the material you are using to see if they allow for that. 
  • If you are just trying to add a screenshot in Canvas, you can always use the option in the Rich Content Editor to upload and embed the screenshot into the course. HERE is a guide on how to do that. 

Feel free to provide more context to this question and we can try to help out further! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @pmiksza,

In addition to what @ColtonSwapp stated, I just wanted to clarify that Canvas/Instructure doesn't really own content rights.  What you see in Canvas is usually content from a publisher or an individual teacher/instructor.  You would generally need to identify who owns the content and get their permission to include screenshots of it for use in other publications/websites/materials.

-Chris

View solution in original post