Read Speaker

Jump to solution
MarleneTamati
Community Member

How do I activate Read Speaker in Canvas.  I am unable to find anything on Canvas.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @MarleneTamati ...

As @EugeneHarrison also mentioned, I'd recommend having a conversation with your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team to see if ReadSpeaker has been integrated into Canvas.  ReadSpeaker appears to be a third-party LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) tool that can integrate with Canvas, and there may be a cost to this software.  Thus, having a conversation with your school to see if purchasing (if you don't already have it) would be an option.  Many LTIs are usually installed at the Canvas account level vs. the Canvas course level.  This means that one the LTI is integrated, it's available for all courses within the account...just not your course(s).

I found a couple websites that might be of help:

As another alternative, have you tried the Immersive Reader that is available within Canvas?  It might do some or all of the things you are looking for with ReadSpeaker.  Here are a couple links with some information:

I hope this info will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes