Outcomes attached to questions in ITEM BANK are not being tracked in NEW QUIZES.

CaseyMcCausland
Community Explorer

I attached outcomes to questions in an item bank and then randomly assign those questions in the New Quizzes. When I check the Learning Mastery Gradebook NONE of the New Quizzes have ANY outcomes listed for the students.

To clarify these are outcomes that I CREATED, not district level outcomes that are listed in Canvas. To do this, I have to do the following:

1) Create the questions in New Quizzes, then add the outcome I created for my class.

2) I then add the questions to the item bank. In the Item Bank each question is listed as having the Outcome I created.

Yes, its a pain to do it this way but I was told by my district there was no way to add my Outcomes to the ones already listed at the district level... I have my doubts about that.

I googled how to add Outcomes to New Quizzes and there was no mention of adding them in the Item Banks only adding them when I create a New Quiz. Which is fine if all the questions for that New Quiz come from the same Item Bank. But what do I do if I pull questions from MULTIPLE Item Banks? Multiple Item Banks mean MULTIPLE OUTCOMES for one New Quiz. 

Is there a way to track MULTIPLE OUTCOMES in a single New Quiz using the above method I described?

Labels (1)
0 Likes