New Quizzes Partial Credit

Jump to solution
mmatuszewski
Community Member

How do we give partial credit on multiple answers without a penalty for correct answers? I thought the old quizzes gave points if they picked one of the correct answers but the new quizzes did not.

Right now I have to go in a give points for every student who earned "partial credit" manually. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Contributor

Hi @mmatuszewski 

The option for partial credit in Multiple Answer questions is "partial credit with penalty"

You can choose to award partial credit with penalty or require an exact match for Multiple Answer questions. The partial credit with penalty option awards points for each correct answer selected and deducts points for each incorrect answer selected. Exact match awards full credit only if all correct answers are selected and no incorrect answers are selected.

(per https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-Multiple-Answer-question-in-Ne... ).

So, in your screenshot, the student got partial credit for choosing "-2", but was penalized for also picking the incorrect answer "-1".  That prevents students from getting full credit for just selecting every answer.

There isn't a "partial credit without penalty" option.

View solution in original post