Multiple answer

Jump to solution
AndreaPeruzzi
Community Member

How can I limt the number of answers a student can select in a specific multiple answer question? For example in a multiple answer question with only two correct answers I would like to force the student to choose exctly two answers, or, as a second best, to avoid he/she can select more than two

0 Likes
1 Solution
cromijn
Instructure
Instructure

Hey @AndreaPeruzzi ,

I hope you are doing well! I wanted to add to what @SusanNiemeyer mentioned in their post and note that for New Quizzes, the answer is options are similar. While there is no specific way to only allow 2 answers outside of only having two answer choices, there is a way to give full credit only to those who select the exact answer as mentioned in this guide - How do I create a Multiple Answer question in New Quizzes? By using the Exact answer option, this would mark any answers that have more than 2, less than two, or an incorrect combination of two answers, the answer will be considered incorrect. The alternative would be to give partial credit with a penalty which will give points for each correct response, but any other option, including if they select more than two answers, will result in a penalty in the points earned. 

I hope this helps you with some options to consider for these multiple-answer questions in your course(s)! Let us know if you have any further questions!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes