Module: Require certain quiz score or reach maximum attempts

joeyhotz
Community Novice

I am in the process of designing some Modules on Canvas to provide students with an interactive mock example of a client meeting. The module is designed as a "guided story" with quizzes that require students to choose the correct answer(s) in order to proceed. 

Because the story is designed in a very linear fashion, I have included Requirements for the Modules where the students must complete the content in the specified order before progressing through the story. The requirement for each quiz is that students get full marks on the quiz (and the quizzes have unlimited retries), but I have received feedback from students that they would prefer to continue progressing through the story even if they do not get all of the questions correct after a certain number of attempts on the quiz. 

I tested out what occurs if we have this "perfect quiz" requirement while also limiting the maximum number of attempts for the quiz, and I found that students can be completely locked out from progressing (without a teacher allowing further attempts) if they use up all of their attempts without meeting this grade requirement for the quiz. 

Is there a way to loosen the requirement to make it so students can continue working through the module as long as they have either received a perfect grade on the quiz or they have attempted the quiz a set number of times? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes