Marking Students as ADA

Jump to solution
EdwardLavieri
Community Member

Hello.

I am looking into the best way to mark students as needingADA accommodations. What I have seen elsewhere is an "ADA" flag that is visible in the roster to faculty, but not other students. I know I can add "ADA" in the notes column in a course but that does not follow a student from course to course. I also tried "Accommodate HQ," band that did not solve the problem. 

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @EdwardLavieri,

Aside from the notes column in the gradebook, which you already mentioned, I don't think there is a place to designate something like this in Canvas.  As a Canvas admin in higher-ed, I would say this kind of thing would be more likely to be stored in your student information system rather than the learning management system.  That's not to say that there would be no value having this in a learning management system like Canvas, but blurring the lines between these two very important campus systems can become problematic, especially in terms of keeping info in sync and also respecting privacy in certain areas.  There may be some 3rd party integrations available to add to Canvas for this, but I'm not personally aware of any.

I hope this at least gives an answer to your question, even if it's not what you were hoping to hear.

-Chris

View solution in original post