EvanWright
Community Novice

Why aren't I able to save my Kaltura recordings? Whenever I stop recording instead of showing a popup window to save it, I get shown an error message saying "Failed to save recording". Is there a reason why? I originally thought it was an storage issue but I cleared more than enough space and still isn't working. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @EvanWright,

To start off with, I do want to mention for you and anyone else who happens to come across this thread in the future that Kaltura is a 3rd party product not affiliated with Instructure/Canvas at all, so the Canvas Community isn't the best place to talk about Kaltura issues.

With that being said, thee are some people in the community who are also familiar with Kaltura, myself being one of them.  I'm going to assume you're talking about Kaltura Personal Capture here...  The best fix I know for the issue you describe is to close Kaltura Personal Capture, then navigate to it's storage folder, and delete the "settings" folder you should find there.  You can then open Kaltura Personal Capture again and hopefully things will work right.

If this doesn't solve the issue, you'll need to contact the person/team responsible for Kaltura at your school/institution to get further help with this issue.

-Chris

View solution in original post