Is there a way to put a time limit on a video quiz?

Jump to solution
CarlThelen
Community Explorer

As you recall, in regular quizzes you can set a time limit, as well as Available From / Until dates. Is there a way to put a time limit on a video quiz? I haven't found any such option so far, am I missing something?

I tried embedding a video quiz into a New Quiz's Stimulus question type, to use the Quiz Time Limit feature, but the points didn't get added to the quiz score. Neither did they appear in the gradebook separately, in a separate column. Panda-bot seemed to confirm this observation.

Currently, it looks like it allows students to continue to work on it after the Available Until timestamp, as long as they started before. 

Does anyone have any ideas to cut off a video quiz or apply a time limit? Cheers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately this is not an option currently, @CarlThelen but it might be if you propose this as an idea. The steps to do so are described on the Community page How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 

If I were to propose this as an idea, I would propose that the time limit be an amount that is added to the length of the video. I expect that to be something easier to program than expecting Canvas to check the quiz time limit against the video length and return an error message to the instructor.

Creating an idea does not provide an immediate solution to the problem you described, though it is a solution. I’m going to mark it as such and hope that our colleagues who have a similar challenge will find the best way to contribute. If you decide to create an idea, please link it here.

View solution in original post