Is there a way to force notifications to send immediately?

Jump to solution
awashington06
Community Member

Hi,

We are new to Canvas and will be going live in the Fall. However, instructors are complaining about students having the ability to manage class notifications. Is there a way for an instructor to enforce notifications to be delivered immediately for their course or can I do it at the root account? I am the LMS admin. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @awashington06 ...

I seem to recall reading comments somewhere here in the Community a long while back there *might* be a way to enable immediate notifications for students through some back-end coding, but I am not 100% sure on this.  (I don't have a coding background to be able to show you what this code would look like.)  From the front-end UI, however, you're probably aware that notifications are configured by the individual user.  You as an admin...and instructors...cannot configure student notifications.  Every user in Canvas (admin, instructor, student, etc.) can configure his/her own notifications.  For example, if someone had added an additional e-mail address to her account, she could choose to be notified immediately to her school account of grades being posted...but only to be notified with a daily summary to her personal e-mail account.  The choice is completely up to the end user.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  If you have additional questions about this, please post as a reply...thanks!

View solution in original post