Import assignments and exams for my courses directly from Cengage

Jump to solution
awidau
Community Member

Can I import assignments and exams for my courses directly from Cengage like I can currently with Blackboard?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @awidau 

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. The import process for quizzes from Blackboard function a little different than the Cengage assignments. Normally, with other Canvas content or Blackboard quizzes you go to import content. However, Cengage needs to be integrated into the course. Once the LTI has been configured and linked to  your Cengage, you can "import" any assignments or quizzes, etc. It would be best to speak with your school directly to get that setup if it isn't already. You can check by going to course settings - apps - view app configurations. If it isn't here, feel free to contact the school directly. Hopefully this helps!

If you can get a QTI file from Cengage, you can import it like Blackboard. Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-quizzes-from-QTI-packages/ta-p/1... 

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @awidau ...

In addition to the information that you received from @greydon, this is information from the EduAppCenter that your school's local Canvas administrator might need as it relates to integrating the Cengage LTI external app with your school's Canvas environment.

Cengage Learning

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes