I can't find my course

Jump to solution
SamanthaAmaya
Community Member

I'm supposed to submit a self introduction viedo on here as an assignment from my professor who teaches Human Resource Management (MAG-56). However, I can't find my class and this whole thing is confusing to navigate. I don't understand why we could not just use the canvas discussion board. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@SamanthaAmaya ...

I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you have posted your question to the global Canvas Community website.  This is not your Canvas course.  In addition, Community members wouldn't have access to your school's Canvas environment or any of the courses you were taking using the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System) at your school.  Although we do not know the specifics of your assignment (other than what you have provided here), your best bet is to contact your instructor directly if you have any questions about where you should be posting your assignment or how you are to complete the work.  You can contact your instructor by following the steps in this Guide:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Also, here is a video tutorial for you on how to use Discussions within the Canvas environment:

Discussions Overview (Students)

In addition, in Canvas if you click on your "Courses" >> "All Courses" link...do you see your course listed there at all?  If so, the course may be "published" which means you and your classmates can access the course material.  If it is not published, then the instructor has not made the course available to all of you yet.  If you cannot find your course listed on the "All Courses" screen at all, then you'll need to reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department to see if they can help you locate your course.

Hopefully these links will be of help to you, and hopefully you'll be able to connect with your instructor soon.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes