How do we close out the year, and start a new year?

Jump to solution
MsKaren
Community Novice

Hello fellow educators...

I am curious to know how to complete this years courses/grades and archive them, so I can start to set up this upcoming year courses and new students?  Do we have to really set up a new email address and such?  I cant do that since i need to keep my same email address for work...

Any help would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@MsKaren ...

This is really a conversation that you should have with your Canvas administrators at your school.  They would be able to tell you how they have things set up from semester to semester as far as making empty course shells available for you to load content and how you and your students are enrolled in those courses.  Many schools have their SIS (Student Information System) connected to Canvas, so there's really little to no work that instructors would have to do on their own to get the course shells and instructors enrolled...since that all happens behind the scenes.  Every school that uses Canvas does things a bit different, so it's best to have these discussions at the school level that get answers here...since we don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or any of your courses.  Once you get all that figured out, you can use the following Guide to copy/import content from your previous course(s) into your up-coming courses.

How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by setting up a new e-mail address.  When in Canvas, everyone is first considered a "user".  Each user has a default e-mail address attached to their Canvas profile.  So, if you are using a school e-mail address in your Canvas profile, you can continue to use that e-mail address for all of your courses within Canvas.

I hope this will help a bit.  Good luck as you have these conversations at your school!

View solution in original post

0 Likes