How do I delete multiple discussions?

Jump to solution
BrianHhare
Community Novice

Instructor, basing this semester's Canvas site on last semester's site.  I've got quite a few discussions from a previous semester that I want to delete. Is there ANY kind of keyboard shortcut or way of deleting more than one discussion at a time? Click here, wait for the window, click to confirm, wait to refresh..... gaaaaah. I'm going to be here all night.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@BrianHhare ...

Unfortunately, there aren't any quick ways to delete a lot of discussion topics all at one time.  (I'm not even sure if there would be any more technical back-end ways to delete multiple topics at one time.  If so, I would defer to those that have more experience in doing that.)  I spent a few minutes searching the Community to see if I could find any existing topics and/or solutions for you, but what I found was only a handful of suggestions for enhancements to Canvas that have now been archived.  For your reference, those are located at:

Since these have been archived, you could create your own new idea to be considered for development.  To read more about how to create a new Idea here in the Community, check out the section on "Ideas and Themes" at:

Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community

Then, head on over to:

Canvas Ideas and Themes - Instructure Community

Click on the blue "View and Submit Ideas" button. On the next page, click on the blue "Submit an Idea" button.

I know this isn't the response you were probably looking for, but I hope it helps to understand how things currently function.

View solution in original post