Hiding grades during grading & Releasing Grade changes

sgoswam
Community Member

I always open my assignments for grading by selecting a specific "Student Group" ; these groups are associated to different instructors. If you select a particular student group as the viewing criteria for the grade sheet, the Speed Grader interface opens up that particular group for grading once the assignment is clicked in the "To Do" section. 

However, after opening the speed grader, if I try to hide grades by selecting specific sections in the hiding criteria, it only hides grades if they're already graded.

This is what baffles me: if you go to <Course> ----> Grades, the grades are marked as hidden for that entire student group on the gradesheet but doesn't say hidden in the speed grader, beside the total points cell. What's more interesting is that the grades are marked as hidden with the eye sign on the top left of the Speed Grader interface. So are the grades really hidden or not hidden?

While trying to release the grades if I try to post grades for my specific sections by selecting those sections to post, it automatically hides grades erroneously for the other sections which I didn't hide and didn't even touch.

Is this a common issue and are Canvas LMS devs aware of it? Are there any fixes so far?

Labels (1)
0 Likes