Grading Periods and Terms

Jump to solution
elainew
Community Explorer

My district has year long courses divided into 9 week grading periods.  Grades are to be posted today.  I think I missed a step in setting up course Terms or Grading Periods.  I received the following email from a teacher this morning:

"We are unable to see separate quarters in our gradebook. It appears as though it is one class that last for the whole year. It is set up as a term but the start and end dates are Aug - May. We have never had this problem, we used to have a filter that was "grading period" (I believe that is correct from memory).  In middle school, grades start over each quarter and we cannot do that since all the assignments are just in 1 course instead of quarters..... "

Is anyone able to help we with solving this problem?  TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @elainew,

In addition to setting up the terms, you'll also want to set up Grading Periods for classes like this.  Basically, you set up the term first, then set up a grading period set, attach it to the term, then set the individual grading periods (quarters) within the set.  The guide should show you all of the basic steps.  It looks harder than it really is in the guide just because of the number of steps.  If you have any questions, please let us know here!

-Chris

View solution in original post