Copied PDF files not previewing -- Instead just downloading

JordanGarciaNAU
Community Participant

Good afternoon, 

I am assisting a faculty member with a particularly flummoxing problem. They copied content from a '23 shell to their '24 shell

The issue that she has encountered and has been a source of frustration is that the PDF files that came over require students to download the file rather than previewing as a window within Canvas. She also received emails with notifications that say: 

In Reading and Course Content - Module 5 , students are clicking Grove_-_Statistics_for_nursing_pp_3_7.pdf  to content in a different course.

She painstakingly re-uploaded the files and re-embedded them into her current Canvas shell to fix the issue, but she doesn't want to have to go through all of that extra work. I've gone and checked the permissions for these files, and everything seems to be correct, I even changed visibility to everyone and still encounter the same issue. 

I've linked 2 urls from when you click on a file and choose link options. The first one is from one of the files she had to re-upload, while the second url is from the file that was copied over and is being problematic. 

/courses/31002/pages/reading-and-course-content-module-5?module_item_id=2337455 

/courses/31002/files/9277184/preview

Your input is super appreciated, thank you all. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes