ClassLink Integration Import Add Only

Jump to solution
crosst
Community Member

We recently moved from rostering with Clever to ClassLink. One big problem is when students have unenrolled and are no longer in the roster data they get removed from their Canvas courses and no longer have grades available. Is there a setting for the ClassLink Integration that will not automatically remove users who are no longer in the roster data?

There is a document page that describes how to view grades for inactive or concluded students, but that feature doesn't work if the student accounts are removed and they are completely removed from their Canvas courses.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-grades-for-inactive-or-concluded-s...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@crosst ...

Full disclosure... I have no experience with ClassLink, so I do not know how it works in conjunction with Canvas.  Have you taken a look at this Guide?

How do I deactivate an enrollment in a course? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

You may need to speak with your school's Canvas administrator about this to see if deactivating students from your course roster would be a better alternative than completely dropping them from the courses.  Pay special attention to the information in the light blue box at the top of that Guide.

I am not sure if this will help at all, but I thought I'd provide you this information just in case.  Good luck, and keep Community members updated on your progress.

View solution in original post

0 Likes