Canvas emails without .infrastructure.com address?

Jump to solution
checkma
Community Participant

I have some students who are using Canvas to send me emails. Fine.

However, the emails come out of a temporary account in infrastructure.com. Not fine, because Google mail always goes nuts whenever I reply to these messages. ("Make sure this is someone you trust.") This is a minor pet peeve of mine.

Is there a way to have all emails from the student's email account? IOW, when I get a notification from John Smith and click on reply, the reply is sent to John.Smith@whatever.edu instead of whatever@infrastructure.com?

I've looked online on how to customize how mail is sent out, and all I can find is ways to determine when the email gets sent, not how.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Christopher, 

What you're getting are not really "emails from the student".    You're getting notifications from Canvas that there are new messages in your Canvas Inbox, which you can choose to receive via email, text message, etc.  All messages are routed between and saved in Canvas Inboxes, so there's always a record of the communications.

So, it's not possible to change the "From" and "Reply to" address on Canvas notifications.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Likes