Assignment Comment library

Jump to solution
Schmidja
Community Member

Hi. About a couple of weeks ago, along with some patching that went on in Canvas, the ability to include carriage returns in the Assignment Comment library - seems to no longer exist.

Specifically, when I create this as a comment, and save it in the library:

Nice job on the Written Repair Action Plan. Thanks. Points Awarded per Rubric identifiers.
A - 25
B - 25
C - 25
D - 25
Total = 100
Please refer to the Rubric for the Written Repair Action Plan (Syllabus), for an explanation of the identifiers A-D above.

It becomes this:

Nice job on the Written Repair Action Plan. Thanks. Points Awarded per Rubric identifiers. A - 25 B - 25 C - 25 D - 25 Total = 100 Please refer to the Rubric for the Written Repair Action Plan (Syllabus), for an explanation of the identifiers A-D above.

If this is a feature, it would be nice to turn it off.

Thanks.

John Schmidt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Schmidja,

It seems this is probably an unintended consequence after Instructure added the ability to format comment text more by introducing the mini-RCE in SpeedGrader.  The RCE adds a lot more flexibility, but it seems the comment library just saves the plain text version of everything right now.  I've seen a couple places where Instructure acknowledges the issue, but I have no idea how quick it will be to fix.  I'd recommend reporting this to Canvas support if you have the ability to, as the more people that report an issue, the higher it may climb on their priority list to address (and just reporting here in the community doesn't get officially recorded with support).

-Chris

View solution in original post