Assigning or controlling resubmissions

KSmethers
Community Novice

I am wondering if there is a tool/option in Canvas to control resubmissions of an assignment? Specifically, having a different/additional availability window for resubmissions that is ONLY open for students who submitted work by the initial deadline? For example:

Let's say I have an assignment. It is due on September 25th, and is available to turn in (late) until October 3rd. I want to enable students who did turn in work by October 3rd, to have an ADDITIONAL window of a week or two to then resubmit their revised work for a better grade. I want this new window to ONLY be available to students who turned in work by the October 3rd deadline.

Is there a (semi-automated) way to do this? I know I can 'basically' accomplish this by adding an "assign to", putting in student names who did turn in the work, and putting in a new window. But is there a faster/easier way to do this that doesn't involve potentially typing in 50+ names?

Or possibly: set a "date" for resubmissions with the assignment, and it only allows the resubmission if they submitted the assignment during the initial availability window?

Labels (1)
0 Likes