Accessing HMH Through Canvas Question

Jump to solution
JJAEPTHOMPSON
Community Member

I link HMH through Canvas. Students are required to "...load (HMH) in new window" to access activity. Most students have no issues accessing activity by loading in a new window. Recently, a couple students were taken back into Canvas after attempting to "...load (HMH) in new window." I have had the students reload Canvas, log out, log back in, resend Canvas invitation to class, reassign class in HMH, and nothing has fixed the issue. It is always with the same couple of students who are fairly new. All others continue to have no issues accessing HMH through Canvas.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @JJAEPTHOMPSON ,

A couple of things to try:

Have these students ensured that they are using the most recent version of their browser? Have they tried clearing their cache and browsing history?

Perhaps more importantly, have you contacted HMH to make sure the students are rostered properly there? Does HMH get its rosters directly from Canvas, or do you use a separate Student Information System (SIS)? 

View solution in original post

@JJAEPTHOMPSON ...

Thanks to @TrishaMeyer1 for trying to help troubleshoot this with you!  I have never heard of HMH before, and I'm assuming it's a third-party integration of some sort that works with Canvas.  For third-party systems, you'd want to reach out to their technical support team...as people here in the Community wouldn't normally have access to your Canvas environment or any of the third-party integrations that your school's Canvas admin team has integrated.

Again, thanks Trisha for responding!

View solution in original post

0 Likes