Access new course from Dashboard

Jump to solution
ElliottBronstei
Community Member

I completed and paid my registration, but my registered course for Winter 2024 does not show up in my Canvas account. How do I access it?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ElliottBronstei 

You'll want to reach out to your instructor or Canvas support at your school or institution.  It's possible they have a specific date coded for when the course will become available for students, or that the teacher/instructor needs to publish the course.  We won't know here in the community how your school manages the start date of courses.  Have a great winter session!

View solution in original post

Ebbie
Community Member

Hi Elliot! 

Im just a student so not associated in any way to canvas but this is my potential solution:

1) It may be that the person running and teaching the course has not uploaded it to the site yet, in which case you may just see an icon, or nothing at all - this would mean waiting for them to upload and unlock the course.

2) It might be because it isnt an "active" course ie it isnt currently in progress. If so, you may be able to access it by clicking on the courses button on the navigation menu to the left hand side, then at the very top it should say " All courses".
Once you have clicked this it should take you to a page with links to all of the courses that you are currently enrolled in, were enrolled in in the past that have now finished, and right at the bottom there will be a section under "FUTURE ENROLMENTS". If your course has been uploaded and you have been enrolled then it should show up here, even if it is still locked.

I have attached a video showing how to locate future courses in the hopes it may be of some help. 

All the best and I hope you have some luck!

EbbieR

View solution in original post