API call for getting submission history for 'Practice Quizzes'

Jump to solution
BenJur
Community Member

I have an External Learning Tool that gets all quizzes from a course and for each quiz it gets all submissions for that quiz. It then graphs data based on submission time and scores. This tool is used by multiple classes at our university and some of the teachers want it to be able to be used with practice quizzes. However, the current api call we are using grabs all the quizzes assignment_ids and uses this to retrieve the data. I noticed that practice quizzes assignment_id field is set to None.

I know I can loop through submissions by getting the attempt number but this causes a large amount of api calls and can take awhile when students have 10 quizzes with 10 attempts. Is there any other api call to retrieve submission history or a way in which practice quizzes can be assigned an assignment_id? 

Thanks in advance

Current API call:

GET /api/v1/course/:course_id/students/submissions

Parameters: student_ids[],  'include[]'  : 'submission_history',  'assignment_ids[]' :

0 Likes
1 Solution
igustafson
Instructure
Instructure

I looked over this for you and found that practice quizzes since they aren't graded wouldn't have the same logs. But you might try this log https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/quiz_statistics.html as it should still have statistics logs you should be able to pull.

View solution in original post

0 Likes