[Studio] Videos without Comments

Problem statement:

Any way to just create a Studio screencast without comments being included? I need to just post the Studio video (screencast) without anyone commenting on it. I need the students in the course to just watch and listen to the video without posting comments beneath it.

Proposed solution:

My solution would be for a choice after creating the Studio screencast. To choose whether to allow comments or not.

User role(s):

instructor

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @FranCastiello -

You should be able to embed a video hosted in Canvas Studio onto any page that utilizes HTML. Alternatively, you can embed the video from the RCE. Sometimes the choices to include a quiz or a discussion are tucked within a menu, but it should be possible to control what is available for the learners in your course.

How do I embed Canvas Studio media in a Canvas cou... - Instructure Community - 1699  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @FranCastiello -

We hope you're doing well! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by September 20, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

FranCastiello
Community Member
Author

Hi,

My question to you was to use a Canvas Studio video on a page without showing the option to add comments to the video from students.

I just tried this again - I created a short video and embedded it on a page. Before I hit embed, I changed Display Media Tabs from a check mark to an X. When I saved it, I didn't see any place for comments below. I then went in as a student and still didn't see any comments below. This is what I wanted to have no place where students can comment on the video. I guess it was just managing that Display Media Tabs control.

Would you confirm that this is true?

Thanks

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hello! Yes, this sounds correct. A colleague was able to confirm this as well. I hope this continues to be a solution for you as you build coursework for students.

Because you were able to use existing features to achieve the outcome you desired, I'm moving this thread to our Will Not Consider status.