[New Quizzes] Quiz Log jump to entry needs improvement

Problem statement:

When you open the quiz log for a student's exam, and select one of the time stamps to view the HTML log, often it will jump to part of the log that is NOT the time stamp you are looking for. Then you have to scroll around to find the blackened number entry that would correspond to the timestamp that you selected. This isn't problematic for logs that are short, but I have essay questions in my quizzes, that can sometimes be have hundreds of time stamps. Finding the one blackened number entry can be difficult when I'm scrolling through 500 entries looking for where the timestamp is.

Proposed solution:

I think there are potentially two solutions to this: 1. Make the jump to the HTML log accurate so that it takes us to the timestamp that we are clicked on. 2. Include timestamps on the HTML log so that we can more easily match up the link that we wanted to click on versus where we are in the HTML log. The former would be ideal, the latter would work, both wouldn't hurt!

User role(s):

instructor

4 Comments
MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

HI @wyuen ! Thanks for submitting your idea!  Could you clarify if this is occurring for you in Classic Quizzes or in New Quizzes?

MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

As we wait for a reply with further information, we’re placing your request in the Seeking Clarity status for two weeks. Please respond by July 11 so we can provide your idea the attention it deserves. If you are unable to reply by then, we’ll Archive the thread to allow the Product Team to focus on newer requests.

MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Will Not Consider