[Course Settings] add an option similar to Reset Course Content, but it needs to keep the same URL

Problem statement:

We need an option to CLEAR the course contents and keep the same URL, and then we import to REPLACE with contents from another course. For example: we have a Master course and a Demo course, as we make changes to the Master course, we will occasionally import the revised course into the Demo. We don't want the demo link to change, so users can access with the same link each time. We don't want to use the Reset Course Content because that changes the the URL of the Demo. We want to keep the same URL, with an option to clear and replace the old contents only with the update from the primary course (Master).

Proposed solution:

Please add another option in Settings that will be similar to Reset Course Content, but will not change the URL. Perhaps CLEAR CONTENT ONLY, then we can import the update from the master course.

User role(s):

admin

4 Comments
AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

@KathyBaldwin2 Have you considered trying to use Blueprint courses to meet your needs?

KathyBaldwin2
Community Member
Author

Hi Allison,

Thanks for your response.  I am not familiar with Blueprint.  I will have to look into it.

Thank you,

Kathy

AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure

@KathyBaldwin2 I think it could be a good option for what you're trying to accomplish. I'm going to mark this as "Will not consider" given the Blueprint option, but please let us know if this isn't what you're looking for.

AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Will Not Consider