[ARCHIVED] How to show 2nd quarter on student side????

Jump to solution
ruthie4
Community Novice

1st quarter ended today and my students have homework that is due next monday. I posted the assignment on their second quarter course.  The second quarter course is not showing on their side. How do I get the course to show for them?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @ruthie4 and welcome to the Canvas Community. You've posted your question to a worldwide community of Canvas users from different institutions where we share tips and discuss our experiences of using Canvas. This means that members of the community don't have access to Canvas courses from individual schools and colleges so we can't check your course to see why it's not visible to your students. However I do have a few suggestions for things you should check:
 - Are the students actually enrolled on the course? Go to the People page and check that all the students you would expect to see are listed.
 - Is the course published? If you see "Unpublished" in red on the righthand side of the course homepage, you need to click the Publish button.
 - Does the course have availability dates set? Go to the Settings page and see if there are start and end dates listed. If there is a start date that's in the future, students won't be able to access the course until that date.

If none of these suggestions help then you need to speak to the local Canvas admin at your school/college or log a support ticket with Instructure, which you should be able to do via the Help menu in Canvas.

View solution in original post