Writing Instructions for All Quizzes and Assignments

EvelynM
Community Member

Hello,

Is it possible in Canvas to write and save the same instructions for all the quizzes and assignments once without having to copy and paste them into each quiz and assignment individually? I have been using Canvas for a few semesters, and I find myself having to edit my instructions in all the quizzes and assessments almost every semester to add clarifications or reminders because of a few students who do not read and follow all the parts. How can I avoid having to edit all the quizzes and assignments individually to update the instructions? I want to use the same list of general instructions in all the quizzes and assignments. I hope this makes sense. 

Below is a portion of the general instructions that I use for all assignments and quizzes. Thanks for your help!

Evelyn Milian

Lecturer of General Microbiology

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL ASSESSMENTS (ASSIGNMENTS, QUIZZES,  EXAMS, AND ANY OTHER TYPES OF ASSESSMENTS) - PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

• The following instructions and requirements apply to ALL the assignments and assessments in this course.  
  • *** The students must read and follow instructions for all their work in this course. "I didn't know" will NOT be an acceptable excuse for not following instructions or meeting the expectations or requirements. ***
  1. STUDYING, PLANNING, AND PREPARATION ARE ESSENTIAL!
    1. Study early and carefully plan your day and time to complete a graded assignment or assessment, ensuring you have enough time, a reliable computer, a high-speed internet connection, and no interruptions while working on your graded coursework.
    2. If you wait until too close to the due date and time of an assignment or assessment to prepare for it and complete it, this can cause frustration and stress. Please remember that unexpected difficulties and situations can happen.
    3. Before completing any assignment or assessment, you should ensure that you have read and studied the material enough time and efficiently.
    4. The questions in the assignments and assessments will require various skills, including understanding, analysis, application, and critical thinking.  
    5. Working with other students: While you may work with other students when preparing and studying for assessments and coursework, your answers must be distinguishable from others and clearly in your own words. If your answers are too similar to those of other students, a deduction of points or a zero will result.
0 Likes
Users who also had this question