Help with BigBlueButton update

mrspeters
Community Member

It looks BigBlueButton did an update and it's full of glitches. Did anyone else experience this today? I have 3 significant issues:

1. The recording is different than the live class. I showed graphing exponential functions. In class, it was fine. In the recording, the writing is off. The drawing of the graph is not even on the coordinate grid. My work is over the directions. It's a mess. I cannot use this recording for absent students. It's awful!

2. The thinnest option for the writing tool is way too thick. My writing was barely legible as a result. It was very hard to "add the opposite" because the lines were so thick you couldn't tell what I was doing.

3. After a very short period of time, I got a notification that I had exceeded the annotations that I could do. Huh? I had barely written much and had 45 minutes of class left! This was an issue all day. I had to erase what I had done and then continue. I would be in the middle of a problem, then have to take time to go erase and then pick back up. This was time consuming and very interruptive of the lesson. Plus just terribly annoying.

I do hope these are glitches that are being worked out very soon or I will have to find another platform. I have worked hard to build my classes on Canvas and really don't want to start over!

0 Likes
Users who also had this question