Autosave rubric in designer

SteveNordstrom
Community Novice

I am afraid I just lost about 3 hours of work designing a rubric for my midterm. My guess is that I did not click on the "Create Rubric" button at the bottom of the form, which is hidden if you don't make sure to scroll all the way down. From a UX perspective, it is not visually clear that you need to click that button to save your work. Case in point, Canvas saves *many* other artifacts on a variety of UI events such as clicking to change focus, pressing enter, etc. Also, the meanings of the "Add Rubric" and "Create Rubric" are muddled, since invoking the designer seems to mean "creating" a rubric to me, and "adding" a rubric seems to be making sure it will show up in some list when the time comes to select it.

Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating to put that much work into a rubric only to have it not save state. Can you please consider aligning the UX for creating rubrics to match the rest of canvas' design philosophy that instructors work be saved at all possible interactions?

Labels (1)
Users who also had this question