Linking Outcomes: Course -vs- Institutional Outcomes

DrJdrew
Community Explorer

I am digging into Outcomes for our school and have found what appear to be conflicting directions and links throughout the whole process. I have been unable to find the details I need so I hope someone here can help or at least point me in the correct direction.

When following the Canvas How-To documentation, any process of linking to Outcomes appears the same: There is a dialog that states, "Align Institution Outcomes to this (Quiz/Question/etc.)". However, If I am attempting to link an Outcome to a Quiz, I am only given my Course outcomes. If I want to link a question, only the Institutional Outcomes are shown.

Why is this different? Is it a setting in our institution or something in Canvas?

Secondly: How are Outcomes tracked/reported? I don't want to end up with two versions of the same specific outcome that are tracked separately because one is in the Course Outcomes and the other in Institutional Outcomes.

Is there documentation on setting up, linking, and tracking outcomes from a more macro scale?

Thanks!

Users who also had this question