Update on Recent Enhancements in Commons

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas.png

Dear Community Members,

First and foremost, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated in our survey! We're thrilled to announce that we received a total of 227 responses. We've finished processing all the feedback and are now in the prioritization stage. Stay tuned for some exciting updates coming your way soon!

In my previous post, I shared the fantastic news that Commons is back in action. Today, I'm delighted to provide the first update on what we've accomplished over the past couple of weeks, beyond collecting your invaluable feedback.

We've made several small yet impactful changes to the user interface (UI). Take a look at what's been improved:

• Padding Adjustments: We've fine-tuned the padding for a cleaner and more consistent look.
  • Label Updates: Old 'new' labels have been removed to keep the interface fresh and relevant.
  • Accessibility Enhancements: We've addressed some accessibility issues to ensure a better experience for all users.

In more detail:

• Provided max width for content area on the detail page
  • Improvement in search section responsive behavior
  • Changed “results” padding
  • Adjusted card list paddings
  • Improvement on side navbar behavior when navigating to Commons from courses
  • Improved filter pills
  • Added “clear all filters” button to filter pills
  • Removed "NEW" labels from features that are 3+ years old

Coming soon:

• Report inappropriate/spam content
  • Changed Commons logo in the side navbar
  • Adjust button hover states
  • Text fixes to make functionality more straightforward
  • Mobile menu improvements

And many more!

These tweaks are part of our ongoing effort to enhance your experience with Commons. Keep an eye out for more updates, and as always, thank you for being such an engaged and supportive community!

Stay tuned and stay excited!

Best,
The Commons Team

10 Comments