Is too much fresh air bad for you?

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Introduction:

InstructureCon was a breath of fresh air

Details:

The answer to this blog post title is an obvious: NO!  I live in semi-rural Orlando and we very much enjoy the outdoors.  But the beaches of Florida are definitely a different breed of outdoors from the great Rocky Mountains.  It was great to be able to network, relax, and play in such an inspiring milieu.  If I were more poetic then I would probably mention the word halcyon.  But I haven't used that word since high school, so I'm not even going to pretend like I remember what that means.*  I didn't take many pictures, but I'll share the few that I do have on my camera roll:

kayak.jpg

This is me taking my iPhone's life into my own hands on the kayak.  This was before I realized that one of the vendors provided awesome waterproof pouches for such a thing.

ansel.jpg

The view from my balcony at Cinnamon Ridge.  Highly edited using the enlight app.

stream.jpg

I captured a fisherman busy at work.

I attend many conferences and there are times when I never leave the hotel and conference center.  That is not always a bad thing, as I do come away intellectually stimulated.  But InstructureCon is always a real breath of fresh air.

Recommendation:

InstructureCon is now finished (I know right? Booo!), but my advice for next year is to try come come out early and/or stay late.  Drink lots of water and wear lots of sunscreen.  And there is no shame in bringing your floppy gardeners hat.

* I did end up googling the word "halcyon", and I would have used it improperly after all:

denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful

It is safe to say that I can now refer to InstructureCon as a halcyon experience.

193557_TL_letters.png193558_TR_letters.png193559_bottom_letters.png