"Sum" calculation method for Outcomes in Learning Mastery Gradebook

0 Likes
(1)

The learning mastery gradebook currently offers several options for mastery "calculation method" of each outcome. I believe a simple summation option would support my grading, and the grading schemes of everyone else I know of who does alternative grading. This is much simpler than the options supported by Canvas currently.

I grade assignments on success / not yet for each learning outcome, with mastery defined as two successes (on different assignments, same outcome). Grades are determined by the number of mastered outcomes and the outcomes with a single success. A summation option would allow me to define success as one point and mastery as two points.

Right now I can do "n Number of Times" with n=2 to see student mastery, but then I have no way to see which students have a single success. My students and I have to look through to find those. It is the same for all my colleagues using alternative grading.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.