Free For Teachers Canvas Enrollment of students help

Jump to solution
PeterLentz
Community Member

Hello,

I have had some students, that enrolled into my FFT Canvas course, not complete their enrollment process by confirming, they deleted their confirmation email and did not remember, or mistyped, their password that they chose. I thought that I could just remove them from the course and then have them re-enroll. After I removed the students, they could not re-enroll because Canvas enroll process gave an error message when they tried to re-enroll, that their school email addresses were already being used. So it appears that when a student is removed from the course, their email addresses remain in the Canvas system. I am looking for a fix for this. I tried to see if I could find and delete removed student email addresses but I hav had no success. Any help would be great. Thank you,

Peter

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @PeterLentz ,
Thank you for posting on the Instructure Community!

As a Free-For Teacher user, you do not have the ability to delete student's email addresses, as that is an admin-only function that is not provided under free for teacher, as you only have access to course settings, not full instance account settings.

That being said, since it appears your students will be using their school-provided email addresses, I strongly recommend that you reach out to Instructure Support and explain what happened, and to request that they delete your student's accounts so they're able to re-enroll with the same school-provided email address for their canvas accounts. Staff at Instructure are the admins of the free-for teacher Canvas instance, and they would be the ones to help you with that.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction! Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Best,
Noah

View solution in original post

0 Likes