Canvas Free-Act as User

Jump to solution
KaseyCoke
Community Novice

Is it possible to act as user in the Canvas free for teacher? We went from the paid version at our school to having to use the free version. I am used to being able to act as user for my kids to look at some of their things, but no longer can. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KaseyCoke,

The "Act As" option is only available for users who are Canvas administrators (and are given the permission to use the that option).  Since Free for teacher doesn't have the ability to make any users administrators, there is really no way to use the Act As feature in that environment.

Can you tell us exactly what you were using that to look at previously, and also perhaps whether you're a teacher, school admin, etc.  I'd say it's pretty rare )but not unheard of) for teachers to be given administrative access like it sounds like you had with your paid instance.  If we know what exactly you were using that access to look at, we might be able to suggest some alternatives that would work in Free for teacher.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KevinMeredith
Instructure
Instructure

Right; unfortunately, we cannot grant this kind of access to the teacher level, as our instances of FFT serve thousands of educators, and we can't open up those privileges to all. Hope that makes sense. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes