After the course created how to invite students

Jump to solution
RobertoReis
Community Novice

I'm new to Canvas and I'm still not familiar with its features.

I created an account as an instructor and intend to provide non-commercial training to students in various subjects.

After I create a course, how should I proceed to send a link to a student so that he can watch the classes.

Or the Student needs to register with a Canvas account and search for my courses.

Can someone guide me.

Thanks

Roberto Reis .'.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @RobertoReis ...

Are you using the Free For Teacher (FFT) version of Canvas, or does your school have a paid Canvas environment?  If you are using a FFT version, your URL would look like this:

https://canvas.instructure.com

However, if you are using a paid Canvas environment, your URL would look like this:

https://SchoolName.instructure.com where SchoolName is the name of your school.

I ask this because if you are using a paid Canvas environment, your school may already have a process in place to load students into courses for you ... so that you, as an instructor, do not need to do this on your own.  (You'd want to have a conversation with your school's Canvas admin or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Ed department about this.)  Normally, people are first created as "users" in the course, and once they are in the Canvas system, then they are enrolled in courses as students, instructors, teaching assistants, etc.  You might want to check out this Guide and especially read through the information in the light blue box at the top of the page:

How do I add users to a course? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

If you are using the FFT version of Canvas, you should be able to use this Guide to add people to this course...as there is no "admin" functionality within FFT.

Hopefully this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

JessicaDeanSVC
Community Coach
Community Coach

In addition to @Chris_Hofer's advice, you might want to look into having a self-enrollment link for the course as well that you could send to the relevant folks so they can get enrolled in the course without you having to manually add them. 

View solution in original post