free for teacher account

Jump to solution
seankim1
Community Member

Hey everyone. 

I recently imported a course I made into my free teacher account because I'm personally remote teaching a student who's not enrolled at my school. It occurred to me that many of the tools available at my school is no longer available, with studio being one example. (accessibility report, multitool, etc are a few others. )

But it appears the lecture videos made in uploaded to studio are all there in the modules using the same server and id information on the videos. The urls are the same in my school associated canvas and my personal free teacher account.

So my question is is there a way to store (or transfer instead just linking) my lectures videos on my free teacher account? It doesn't seem like there is  way to this. If I were to lose access to the school associated canvas, then am I just screwed? (I do have them uploaded to youtube just in case as a backup.)

0 Likes
1 Solution
knichols
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @seankim1 , unfortunately the Free for Teacher accounts don't always have the same features as your school associated Canvas environment, Canvas Studio being one of those features.

One option would be to download your video from your studio library, and then upload that video into your other Canvas course through the RCE. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes