Studio recording interface

Jump to solution
SMNelson_
Community Explorer

Is there any way to improve my recording process?

I've been using Studio to record powerpoint lectures. I find that my process is to repeatedly need to go back and restart at a previous point to tape over my verbal mistakes. But finding the right spot and accurately restarting the recording where I want it is difficult and imprecise... and it gets increasingly difficult the longer the recording is because the timeline of the recording is very short. 

In fact, even when I pause the playback at an exact spot I want, I find that my new audio sometimes jumps back and overwrites a small portion of the old audio, interrupting it. 

Some of this is fixable if you later use the editor, but that's an extra step in the process that shouldn't be necessary. 

Has anyone solved these problems? What are your practices? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cromijn
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @SMNelson_ ,

I hope the previous response provided has helped with better making changes to your Studio recordings. Taking a moment to even look down when you know you will need to re-record and jotting down the time on the recording would be another was to help locate it afterwards. I ran a few tests here to see how the edits and re-recordings worked and it does looks like the easiest way to locate the correct spot is to use the editing tools available after selecting the Done on a Screencast-o-matic followed by clicking on the edit option and then using the narrate tool to re-record the section of audio you would like to change or clean up.  I was able to find a link to the video editor here  since the editing tools and recordings are technically going through their recording program. 

Cheers, 

Topher

View solution in original post